Changing page orientation of all pages, either from Landscape to Portrait or from Portrait to Landscape, in MS word is easy. You can do it directly with Page layout -> Orientation option.
But, if you want to change the page orientation of a single page in a document or if you want to keep landscape orientation for few pages and portrait for others, then you have to follow below given steps.
Suppose, If you want page1 in portrait, page2 in landscape and page 3 onwards in portrait. Below are the simple steps to do that.
Steps to change the page orientation of a single page
- Keep the cursor at the end of Page1
- Goto Page Layout
- In Page Setup tab, click on “breaks”
- In “Section breaks”, click on “Next Page”
- The cursor goes automatically to next page.
- Goto Page Layout -> Orientation
- Select Landscape
- Now to change the Page3 orientation to portrait, keep the cursor at the end of Page2 and follow steps from 2 to 6
- Select Portrait
That’s it. You will see Page2 in landscape and rest of the pages in portrait.