Google analytics account helps you to track your site visitors from all referrers,including social networking sites(Facebook,twitter etc) and search engines (Google,yahoo etc). You can get website statistics,real time traffic details to your site and landing pages,sales or clicks etc.
So, it is important to create a Google analytics account for your website to know its detailed statistics and your website performance.
Steps to create a Google analytics account
1. Goto http://www.google.co.in/analytics/
2. Sign in with your Google account (gmail) login details
3. Click on Admin
5. You see “Create new account” option, click on that
6. Here, you can choose either website or app to track
7. Setup your account (enter account name,website name,website URL,category,country)
8. Click on “Get Tracking ID”
9. Select country of your residence and click on “I Accept” button
It creates Google analytics tracking code . Copy the code and paste it on any site or webpage which you want to track.