Openpyxl is a python library to perform read/write excel xlsx/xlsm/xltx/xltm files.
Below are the simple steps to install openpyxl on Windows
- Click below link to download openpyxl package
- Goto Navigation – > Download Files
- Download the openpyxl package by clicking on openpyxl.x.x.x.tar.gz file link (x.x.x is version number)
- Extract the downloaded TAR file (recommended to extract it to python folder on C drive) Note: When you extract the file, extracted folder contains openpyxl.x.x.x.tar. You need to extract it again to get the installation files.
- Open command prompt or Powershell
- Navigate to the folder that you extracted in step 4 (folder contains below files)
6.Then type below command to install openpyxl
pip install openpyxl
Done. openpyxl will be installed on Windows.
7. If above command doesn’t work, try below command
python setup.py install