Below are the simple steps to install pygame on Windows Operating system.
- Install Python on Windows if you have not installed it
- Goto download pygame
- Goto Navigation Files -> click Download files
- Download the latest version of pygame source file (.tar.gz file)
- Download the pygame package by clicking on pygame.x.x.x.tar.gz file link (x.x.x is version number)
- Extract the downloaded TAR file (recommended to extract it to python folder on C drive) Note: When you extract the file, extracted folder contains pygame.x.x.x.tar. You need to extract it again to get the installation files.
- Open command prompt or Powershell
- Navigate to the folder that you extracted in step 6 (folder contains below files)
- type below command and ENTER
pip install pygame
That’s it. It will be installed on Windows.