“Read Out Loud” is a free Text-To-Speech tool, a built in feature in Adobe acrobat reader (6.0 or later) that plays back text in a spoken voice.
Things to check in order to use “Read Out Loud” tool
- Adobe Acrobat version should be 6.0 or later
- The Text-To-Speech engine should be installed on operating system.
- Document accessibility. If it not accessible/readable, then the text-to-speech tool may not read it properly.
Steps to use “Read Out Loud” tool on Adobe acrobat reader
- Open PDF file in Adobe acrobat reader (6.0 or later)
- Goto View -> Read Out Loud. Click on “Activate Read Out Loud”
- Click on Read This Page Only/Read To End of Document to listen to the current page/whole document respectively.
Note: Once you select the options in step 3, Pause and Stop options will be enabled for you.