when you install and activate Genesis theme on wordpress site, you will see below genesis theme credits at the footer. If you want to remove those credits, follow below mentioned simple steps. Note: I installed eleven40 Pro child theme.
Removing Genesis Child Theme’s footer
- Access your site’s FTP server
- Goto wp-content/themes/
- Goto child theme folder (Genesis sample or any other child theme that you have installed and activated)
- Open functions.php file in Edit mode
- Add below line at the end and save the file.
- 1remove_action( 'genesis_footer', 'genesis_do_footer' );
Done. Refresh your website page and check that Genesis footer is removed.