Domain name for your website helps brand your image, allows you to use your domain name (www.yoursite.com) and virtual email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org) on your letterheads and business cards and your customers can easily remember your address.
You can register domain name for your website on any of the domain registrars. Below are the simple steps to register a domain name on GoDaddy (a Domain registrar and Web hosting company).
1. Goto http://in.godaddy.com/domains/domain-name-search.aspx?ci=8990
2. Below window will open in your web browser
3. Enter your domain name in the search box to check its availability
4. If the domain name is available, then it shows like below
5. If it shows domain name is not available, keep searching with different names.
6. To protect your domain name with other extensions, you have to buy those similar domains also like yourDomainName.net,yourDomainName.org etc. In GoDaddy, you can get discount, if you purchase similar domains at a time.
7. Just click on +Select button to add them to cart, if you want to purchase.
8. Click on > Continue to Cart to proceed for payment.
9. Options like “Protect My Personal Information”, “Website builder + Hosting” and “Add email to your domain” will be displayed, which are optional. Select “No Thanks” for them, if you don’t want to buy and click on “Continue to Cart”
10. Before proceeding to Checkout, a window like below will be displayed to review your final order.
11. In this,you can remove the products you don’t want and you can change the term of product.
12. After finalizing and reviewing your order, click on
13. Below window will be displayed.
14. If you are already existing GoDaddy customer, enter your username and password to Sign in in order to place your order.
15. If you are new customer, click on Continue > button
16. In the next window, enter your billing information, GoDaddy account information (remember this for your domain renewals or any other purchases on GoDaddy) and Payment information.
17. Click on Continue button at the bottom
18. Enter your address, bank account details
18. Click on Place Your Order button
19. It asks your credit/debit card pin number, enter it.
Congrats 🙂 You got your domain name on GoDaddy. You will get a successful purchase mail to your billing email address from GoDaddy.