This tip is very helpful for those who normally share posts/content on their Google+ communities.
By default, whatever you share with public on Google+, it appears on your profile page. That’s fine. But, if you share the same post on multiple communities where you are a member, then your profile viewers start seeing the same post that many times on your profile. It looks spammy and annoying right?
But, Google+ has a setting that lets you prevent showing up your communities posts on your profile page. Below are the steps to enable/disable that option to turn off community posts.
Steps to disable community posts on Google plus profile
- Login to http://www.plus.google.com
- Goto Home (top-left) -> click on “Settings”
- Goto Profile section -> just uncheck “Show your Google+ communities posts on the Posts tab of your Google+ profile” option.
Note: The community posts will be visible to members of those communities regardless of whether you enable/disable this setting.
Steps to see how your Google+ profile looks to public
- Goto Home (top-left)->Click on “Profile”
- Click on “View profile as” drop down
- Select “Public”. Now, you will see how your profile looks for your profile visitors.
You won’t see your communities posts here. No spam 🙂